A lot of ink has been used to discuss the recent issues between Duck Dynasty and A&E Network. It is not all that difficult to resolve. These are the points that must be remembered:
- Phil Robertson has a right to free speech and free association; so does A&E; so does the Duck Dynasty family; so do you and so do I.
- Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible.
- I am a sinner and so are you.
- The Lord Jesus Christ forgives sinners who repent of their sin.
- Homosexuality, as a sin, receives no special treatment as a sin just because it is politically correct and has an effective lobby. Neither do my sins. Neither do yours.
- We live in a post-Christian culture. There was a time when the Bible was respected, rather than vilified, in this country. That is no longer the case. Get over it. Expect that the truth of the Bible will be marginalized by this culture. You have no right to get angry when it is. You do have the right to expect God to act though. Rejoice when you see Him act.
- Jesus commanded His disciples to make disciples of all nations. Therefore, His disciples must remain committed to truth and communicate it to the culture.
- Be thankful to God for those who repent and follow the truth, such as Cracker Barrel.